Acceptable Use Policy
Astro Telecommunications LLC (“Astro Telco”) has developed this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) in an effort to promote responsible use of our network, systems, services, website and products (“Astro Telco networks, services and products”) by our Customers and other users of the Astro Telco network, services and products (collectively, “Users”). This AUP is designed to help protect Astro Telco, its Vendors, Customers, and the Internet community in general from fraud, abuse of resources and irresponsible or illegal activities.
If you have an Agreement with Astro Telco, this AUP is incorporated into and made a part of your Agreement with Astro Telco.
- For the purposes of this AUP, the name “Astro Telco” includes all of its affiliates, successors and assigns, as well as third-party service providers with whom Astro Telco contracts; therefore, protections reflected within this AUP inure to each such entity, and Astro Telco may empower each such entity to enforce any or all provisions of this AUP.
- In order to ensure compliance with this AUP, Astro Telco may, at its sole discretion, monitor the usage of any User at any time. Such monitoring may include but not be limited to, the review of data and information that Users store on Astro Telco’s systems. Astro Telco can be expected to report activities that are or appear to be illegal to law enforcement or other governmental authorities for their possible investigation and prosecution. Astro Telco can be expected to cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental authorities in order to satisfy any laws or regulations.
- User agrees to use Astro Telco’s site and the content (whether provided by Astro Telco or its affiliates), as well as any software provided in connection with this site, in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. The transmission or other use of information or material may be subject to applicable laws and regulations. The User and any guardian or supervisor of the User, are responsible for ensuring the User’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and the appropriate uses of this AUP. The following identifies some, however not all, uses that are prohibited under this AUP:
- Astro Telco respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our Users to do the same. It is a violation of this AUP to use the service to unlawfully transmit or store copyrighted material. If Astro Telco has a reasonable belief, in its sole judgment that a User has violated this AUP, Astro Telco may take any action it deems appropriate which may include without limitation, notifying the User of a suspected violation, suspending the Users account or terminating the account. These actions are in addition to and not instead of any and all other remedies that Astro Telco may have against the User under the umbrella of the law.
- Use of Astro Telco products and services to violate the law or in aid of any unlawful act or to acquire, transmit or develop information deemed by the government to have a sensitive or a national security status.
- Using the services to transmit, distribute, redirect, or store material that, as reasonably determined by Astro Telco, is inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, abusive, hateful or which contains or incites violence.
- Engaging in activity that may or will interfere with the service of another User, host or network on the Internet. Users are also prohibited from activity considered a precursor to attempted security violations including, but not limited to, any form of scanning, probing, or other testing or information gathering activity, without prior express written consent from Astro Telco’s IP Security Manager.
- Distribution of software, programs or messages that may cause damage or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems. Hosts not timely secured or removed by customers may be blocked by Astro Telco from accessing the network.
- The transmitting of unsolicited email to multiple recipients, sending large amounts of email repeatedly that annoys, harasses or threatens another person or entity, or attempts to use Astro Telco servers as a mail drop or name server for SPAM or sending unsolicited bulk email from another Internet service provider’s network advertising or implicating any service hosted or provided by Astro Telco, including without limitation; email, web hosting, File Transfer Protocol (“FTP”) and Domain Name Server (“DNS”) services. The sending of email with added words/characters in an attempt to bypass filters is prohibited. Utilizing a customer affiliate program to generate leads makes an Astro Telco customer responsible for the actions of its affiliates. This control includes, but is not limited to, blocking affiliate links and sending the affiliate traffic to a 404-error type page.
- Fraudulent activities which may include, but are not limited to, intentional misrepresentations or misleading statements, writings or activities made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it; obtaining services with the intent to avoid payment; and hosting of phishing websites, traffic pumping, illegal robocalling, and other telecom related fraudulent related activities.
- Unauthorized access which includes the illegal or unauthorized access to other computers, accounts, or networks; accessing or attempting to access computer resources belonging to another party; attempting to penetrate security measures of other systems; using Astro Telco services not included in Customer’s contract; devising ways to circumvent security in order to access unsubscribed services; using the services in a manner that encumbers disk space, processors or other system resources beyond amounts allowed by the specific type of product; and/or interfering with a service, overloading a service or attempting to disable a host not assigned to Customer.
- Use of Astro Telco products and services in a manner that interferes with others’ use of the Internet or Astro Telco’s network.
- Facilitation of a violation of this AUP by advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to allow a User to violate this AUP. This includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software, traffic pumping, illegal robocalling, and other telecom related fraudulent related activities.
- Behavior by a customer that causes blacklisting must be remedied within forty-eight (48) hours of written, electronic or telephonic notice from Astro Telco. Activities that result in re-listing are prohibited and must be stopped immediately. Known spammers, previously unidentified, will be removed from the network once identified.
- Uses a system or software that contains viruses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, overburden, impair or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, network, server or communications systems or equipment.
- Uses any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, inducing but not limited to automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from Astro Telco’s site or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the site, products and/or services.
- Attempts to disable, bypass, modify, defeat or otherwise circumvent any of the digital rights management or other security related tools incorporated into the software or any content or the Astro Telco site.
- Reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Astro Telco site or content, use of the site, or access to the site.
- Systematically collects and uses any content including the use of any data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction methods.
- Any type of detective network activity, including, but not limited to, port scanning and pinging.
- Violations of this AUP or other non-compliances with this AUP shall, without prior notice or warning, subject the User to service suspension, termination or other such actions that Astro Telco, at its sole discretion deems appropriate, or actions that law enforcement or other governmental authorities deem appropriate and may, at the sole discretion of Astro Telco, cause User to forgo any refund or rebate of amounts paid. Furthermore, unless agreed to in writing, to the fullest extent permitted by law, violations of this AUP or other non-compliances with this AUP will result in no forgiveness of amounts that User still owes to Astro Telco and Astro Telco may pursue all remedies available in order to enforce collection, including remedies associated with the reimbursement of costs that Astro Telco incurred or incurs as a result of violations or other non-compliances, and including but not limited to, costs associated with Astro Telco’s efforts to enforce collection.
- Except where required by law or regulation, or where network management or administration activities may be necessary, Astro Telco does not attempt to monitor or restrict content, some of which may be offensive to Customers. User shall accept all responsibility and risk for access to or use of such content, and for the use of the Internet or of services accessed through Astro Telco services or arrangements. Astro Telco assumes neither responsibility nor any liability whatsoever for any claims or losses arising from or otherwise relating to the access to or use of such content, for User’s use of the Internet, or for other uses of Astro Telco services or arrangements.
- User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Astro Telco, from any claims resulting from User’s use of Astro Telco services or arrangements, and for any claims resulting from the use of Astro Telco services or arrangements by others when User knowingly acquiesced to the use by others of Astro Telco services or arrangements, or when User allowed or in any way facilitated or accommodated such use by others.
- User is solely responsible for adhering to the permission and usage policies of any entity whose network(s), computing resource(s), service(s) or other offering(s) or platform(s) User accesses through the use of Astro Telco service or arrangements. These responsibilities of User include but are not limited to, electronic mail, file transfers, Web server access and Internet postings.
- All services and arrangements, including intellectual property associated thereof without limitation to copyrights and trade secrets remains the property of Astro Telco or its licensors, the exclusive title and all associated rights shall at all times remain with Astro Telco or its licensors.
- Astro Telco is not responsible for the accuracy, quality or content of information obtained through the use of Astro Telco services or arrangements.
- Astro Telco is not responsible for any damages that User may suffer as a result of service interruptions or anomalies, even where such service interruptions or anomalies are the result of periodic maintenance performed by Astro Telco or by its agents.
- User shall be solely responsible for keeping duplicate or back-up files, including but not limited to website files, e-mail messages and directories separate from those stored through the services or arrangements of Astro Telco. Online billing services shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer for ensuring that their computer is capable of viewing, storing, and/or printing their online invoices for payment. Astro Telco offers no assurances or guarantees over the data, materials or other matter stored through the use of its services or arrangements or through underlying providers and offers no assurances or guarantees over the continued storage of such data, materials or other matter, and Astro Telco does not save or back up data, materials or other matter stored through the services or arrangements provided by Astro Telco or by its underlying providers. Astro Telco reserves the right to impose and enforce limits on disk space used for any purpose by User, as well as on the length of time that such storage may be maintained. And Astro Telco reserves the right to, without notice and at Astro Telco’s sole discretion, remove and permanently delete User’s files, including directories, from Astro Telco systems, or from the systems of underlying providers, when such files or directories are determined to violate the terms of this AUP or when such files or directories exceed limitations established at Astro Telco’s sole discretion. User must recognize that the removal or deletion of files will result in the removal or deletion of associated directories, and that User is solely responsible for keeping duplicate or back-up files and directories separate from those placed in the systems of Astro Telco or underlying providers.
- Astro Telco may, from time to time, be called upon by law enforcement or other governmental authorities to take actions such as, but not limited to; i) the collection of User information pertaining to the use of services or arrangements provided by Astro Telco; ii) the monitoring of User activities; and iii) the submission of User information to such authorities. Astro Telco will comply with such demands of law enforcement or other governmental agencies; however, Astro Telco may require that such authorities produce a court order or the like before Astro Telco releases any User information.
- Astro Telco reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time, without prior notice to the Customer. The use of Astro Telco services and arrangements following such modification(s) to this AUP shall constitute User’s acceptance of the modified AUP. Any User that does not agree to accept the modified AUP must immediately stop using the services or arrangements provided by Astro Telco or underlying providers.
- A failure by Astro Telco to enforce performance of any provision within this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any portion of this AUP is determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, all remaining provisions shall remain in effect. Where any provision or portion of provision within this AUP conflicts with applicable law, the law shall supersede such provision or portion of provision and all remaining aspects of this AUP shall remain in force and effect.
- Constant Connection Abuse: i) Idle Time — User agrees to have their online session automatically terminated after ten (10) minutes of consecutive inactivity. Inactivity is defined as less than 500 bytes of data transferred between User’s modem, Network Connection and the network. Astro Telco acknowledges that machine generated messages (i.e. configuration fetches) shall not constitute inactivity for the purposes of this Agreement; ii) Maximum Single Session — User agrees to have an online session automatically terminated after eight (8) hours of consecutive time, regardless of data transferred during such specific online session; iii) Multiple, Concurrent Online Sessions — User agrees to maintain no more than one (1) concurrent online session for each PPP account purchased; iv) Continuous Connection —–User agrees that their account may not be used to maintain a persistent and continuous connection to the Internet and that they may not engage in any practice (such as automated and/or persistent checking of the host server) or use any software or device (such as an auto-dialing device) in an effort to maintain a persistent and continuous connection
- Illegal calls, RoboCalls, Traffic Pumping, and unwanted calls, Astro Telco pursuant to FCC rules pertaining to such abuses will use reasonable call analytics to determine suspicious or illegal call activity. Astro Telco subscribers are automatically included in this process which allows Astro Telco to Block such calls.
- The speed of the service can vary depending on location, line quality, volume of Internet traffic and other factors beyond the control of Astro Telco. Astro Telco therefore, does not guarantee upload or download speeds.
- Customer may cancel any services purchased under this Agreement with written notice to Astro Telco within thirty (30) days of the date in which the purchase becomes effective. Except as otherwise provided in the Agreement between the Parties, in the event of a timely cancelation, Customer shall not owe any fees or charges for the services being canceled in respect of any period subsequent to the date of such written notice (except those arising from continued Usage), and shall be entitled to a pro-rata refund of any prepaid and unused fees for the services subject to the cancelation. All purchases are final after 30 days.
To report a violation of this AUP or an abuse of Astro Telco’s services, please e-mail: email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google analytics is installed on this website. Additional information can be gathered here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.